Get Email Updates
Stay up to date on the NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia events being held in your area by checking our Events Calendar page, Facebook page, Twitter, or blog, and by joining our Choice Action Network for email updates!
2015 Leadership & Advocacy Summits:
Women of Color, Reproductive Justice, and Choice
Women of color are disproportionally impacted by anti-abortion, anti-women policies at both the state and national level, and yet women of color have historically been left out, ignored, or under-represented in the reproductive rights movement.
NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia is committed to changing this. That’s why our 2nd Annual Leadership & Advocacy Summits will explore the unique experience of women of color in Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia and discuss the intersecting barriers women of color face in accessing health care, building their families, and living dignified, self-determined lives.
Each Summit features:
- Overview of reproductive rights, health, and justice issues and their current status in Virginia.
- Panel discussions and presentations by local pro-choice heroes, activists and experts.
- Exploration of the intersections of diversity, self-determination and empowerment, income inequality, access to healthcare, and other intersections.
- Specialized breakout sessions for women of color and for allies.
- Skills-training sessions on advocacy, education, and outreach.
- Networking time for attendees to speak with NPCV staff, Summit presenters, and each other.